You can get the warning “iPhone unavailable” when you take your iPhone out of your pocket. It’s puzzling and seems to have no answers. How do we fix this “unavailable” lock screen and what causes it? The ‘iPhone Unavailable’ issue with the iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max will be discussed in detail below.
Why Does iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max Says iPhone Unavailable’
Upon seven unsuccessful attempts to unlock the iPhone device, the device’s screen-erasing feature activates to safeguard your data. You’re then required to input your Apple ID & password to unlock the device’s screen and restore it to factory settings.
Your iPhone device will become inactive to stop illegal access if you keep entering the wrong code. As a result, a notification saying “Unavailable” and “Security Lockout, try again in 15 minutes” would appear on the screen. In addition, a menu with the option “Erase iPhone” will show up in the lower right corner.
4 Ways to Fix your iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max Unavailable Screen
Here are 4 effective solutions to the iPhone 14’s security lockout or unavailability concerns.
1. Directly Erase iPhone (Apple ID Required)
On your iPhone device, you will get a notification that reads “iPhone Unavailable” or “Security Lockout,” along with the choice to Erase iPhone, if you keep inputting the erroneous passcode. With this option, you can reset the iPhone as a fresh device without using a pc. You require an Apple ID and password to complete this process.
- The Erase iPhone option will appear in the bottom right corner of your screen after a failed passcode attempt.
- Then Tap on this option and allow the on-screen alerts. You will lose data in this process.
- Now you need to enter your Apple ID for the process to begin.
- Once it is finished, now you can set your iPhone as a new device and passcode.
2. Unlock iPhone Unavailable Screen with 4uKey (Super Easy)
Your iPhone is secure because of the passcode. But what if you somehow lost it and repeatedly used the erroneous password? Your iPhone will be locked, making it difficult for you to use it. Fortunately, Tenorshare 4uKey can solve this problem immediately. It is a remarkably simple iPhone passcode unlocker that can quickly unlock your iPhone.
- Download and install 4uKey software on your pc.
- Open the program and connect your iPhone to your PC. Click Start.
- You will now see the update firmware package to download. Click Download.
- Now, click the Start Remove button to begin the process.
- Once done, you can now set up your iPhone as a new device.
3. Erase iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max via Find My iPhone
If you have another device, you can also wipe your iPhone via Find My. Your Apple ID and password are also required for this procedure. When there isn’t a PC around, you can unlock your locked iPhone using this method.
Note: Make sure that Find My iPhone is turned on.
- Launch the Find My app on another ios device.
- In the devices bar menu, choose your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap ‘Erase this device’. Tap to continue.
- Enter your Apple ID and password to begin the process.
- The process will start shortly, and your iPhone will reboot without a passcode.
- Set up your iPhone as a new device accordingly.
- If your iPhone doesn’t show the Erase option, move on to another method.
4. Use Recovery Mode to Restore iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max Using iTunes
Utilizing iTunes is the fourth strategy to solve the forgotten passcode issue. With the help of this technique, you may factory reset your iPhone and set it up as a brand-new gadget.
- Make sure that your iPhone is in recovery mode.
- Launch the iTunes app on your computer and connect your iPhone to your computer.
- On the screen, you will see options of ‘Restore’ or ‘Update’. Click Restore.
- The update version of iOS will be automatically installed on your iPhone using the computer, and the process will begin.
- Following completion of the process, your device will restart.
The “iPhone Unavailable” warning on your iPhone 14 Pro or 14 Pro Max can be a little unsettling, but it is not a problem that cannot be solved. The error message primarily serves as a security measure that is initiated following numerous unsuccessful attempts to unlock the device. You can effectively overcome this difficulty and recover access to your device using the techniques described above, including using the “Erase iPhone” option, Apple’s Recovery Mode, or iCloud’s Find My service. Remember that the easiest method to prevent such problems is by selecting a memorable yet secure passcode and making sure your smartphone is always in your sight.